Skip to content
- Financial / Information
- Reports and Publications
Fuels for Schools Studies
- Geothermal Power Generation in Idaho. An Overview of Current Developments and Future Potential (PDF) – Neely, K, and Galinato, G, 2007.
- Greenhouses and Geothermal (PDF) – Sterling Rick, March 1988.
- Geothermal Energy Strategic Plan For Valley County, Idaho (PDF) – Prepared by the Valley County Geothermal Energy Team, Published by Idaho Office of Energy Resources November 2007.
- Review of Boise Front Geothermal Monitoring Data for Water year 2006 (October 1, 2005 – September 30, 2006). (PDF) Neely, K. 2007.
- Feasibility Study of a Geothermal Heat Pump System Lapwaii Middle-High School, Lapwaii, ID Nez Perce Indian Reservation. (PDF) Andrew Chiasson, Geo-Heat Center, Oregon Institute of Technology, June 2006.
- Preliminary Feasibility Study for a Geothermal Heat Pump System at the Idaho Fish and Game Headquarters, Boise, Idaho. (PDF) Geo-heat Center, Oregon Institute of Technology, June 2006.
- Geothermal Heating Options for the Planned Expansion of Ward’s Greenhouses in Owyhee County. (PDF) Geo-Heat Center, Oregon Institute of Technology, November, 2006.
- Preliminary Feasibility Study for HVAC Retrofit with a Geothermal Heat Pump System at the Cascade Medical Center, Cascade, Idaho (PDF) – Geo-Heat Center, Oregon Institute of Technology, December 2005
- Fresh Water Lobsters in Idaho: Addressing Technical and Economic Barriers for an Emerging Business (PDF) – Idaho Dept. of Water Resources, Sept. 2005.
- Preliminary Feasibility Study for Potential Use of Geothermal Heating at Zoo Boise (PDF) – Geo-Heat Center, May 2005.
- Lava Hot Springs Geothermal Energy Team Strategic Plan (PDF) – LHSGET, Idaho Dept. of Water Resources, Dec. 2004.
- College of Southern Idaho Geothermal Greenhouse Modifications (PDF) – Rafferty, K., Apr. 2004.
- Estimated Impact of Proposed Idaho Geothermal Energy Projects (PDF) – University of Idaho – Peterson, S., Widner, L., and Nelson, J.R., Mar. 1, 2004.
- Economic Analysis of Plans to Further Utilize Local Geothermal Resources in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho (PDF) – Univ. of Idaho Dept. of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociaology – Widner, L., Rafferty, K., Peterson, S., Nelson, J., Nove. 3, 2003.
- Freshwater Aquaculture Geothermal Feasibility Study: Raft River, Id. (PDF) – Rafferty, K., 2004.
- College of Southern Idaho Geothermal Greenhouse Modifications (PDF) – Rafferty, K., 2004.
- Lilies, Tilapia, and Gators – Oh My! Idaho Puts Geothermal to Use for Greenhouse and Aquaculture Operations (PDF) – Neely, K., Galinato, G., 2004.
- Economic Analysis of Plans to Further Utilize Local Geothermal Resources in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho (PDF) – Univ. of Idaho Dept. of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology – Widner, L., Rafferty, K., Peterson, S., Nelson, J., Nov. 3, 2003.
- Examination and Evaluation of Geothermal Sites in the State of Idaho with Emphasis Given to Potential for Electrical Generation or Direct Use (PDF) – Idaho Department of Water Resources – St. Marie, J., Mink, L., Neely, K., 2002.
- Production, temperature, and water level data for the four heating systems in the Boise Front Low Temperature Geothermal Resources Area, 1977-1997 (PDF) – Idaho Department of Water Resources Open-File Report, 31 p; Neely, K.W., 1998.
- Production history for the state of Idaho Capitol Mall geothermal system, (PDF) 1983-1994 -Idaho Department of Water Resources Open-File Report, 22 p; Neely, K.W., 1995.
- Geothermal heat keeps students warm at the College of Southern Idaho (PDF) – Geothermal Resources Council Transactions, Volume 20, pp. 129-136; Neely, K.W., 1996.
Water Information Bulletins
- In 1966, the Idaho Department of Water Resources began publishing Water Information Bulletins (WIB), numbering them sequentially. IDWR designated WIB #30 to be a series of reports called Parts, which are dedicated to geothermal. Currently, parts 1 through 17 are available as .pdf files.
- An excellent Bibliography Of Idaho Geothermal Resources (PDF) was published by Dansart, et al. (1994).
- Small Wind Electric Systems — An Idaho Consumer’s Guide — U.S. Dept. of Energy and the Idaho Energy Division
- Permitting of Small and Medium Sized Wind Turbine Projects in Idaho (PDF) – A Handbook Guide with Specific Examples for Counties of Bonneville, Cassia, Elmore, Jerome and Twin Falls, Idaho Energy Division, November 2005
- Permitting Small Wind Turbines: A Handbook, Learning from the California Experience (PDF) — American Wind Energy Association (AWEA); Northwest Sustainable Energy for Economic Development (NWSEED)
- Wind Energy for Rural Economic Development — U.S. Dept. of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, June 2004
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (US DOE) — A library of renewable energy reports.
- BLM EIS — Final Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement on Wind Energy Development on BLM-Administered Lands in the Western United States, Bureau of Land Management, June 2005
- NWCC publications list — this National Wind Coordinating Committee list includes publications on wildlife/avian considerations, economic development, green power marketing, siting, permitting, policy, transmission, and more.
- Economic Impacts of Proposed Wind Energy Developments in the State of Idaho (PDF) — Idaho Office of Energy Resources, Boise, Idaho, August 2004
Community and Commercial Buildings
- Idaho K-12 Energy Efficiency Project — The Idaho Governor’s Office of Energy Resources has committed over seventeen million dollars of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act State Energy Program funds to K-12 existing school building energy efficiency upgrades.