The Idaho Governor’s Office of Energy and Mineral Resources (OEMR) promotes cost-effective energy conservation programs and services for Idaho’s agricultural community. Agriculture is one of the largest industries in Idaho and a major portion of the state’s economy. OEMR assists in locating industrial energy efficient resources available to agricultural groups. Low interest energy loans from OEMR are also available for qualifying projects.
- Idaho Natural Resource Conservation Service, has programs that provide financial and technical assistance to those in the agricultural industry; several of these resources provide information on conservation, including the Energy Tools program.
- University of Idaho Agricultural Extension Service, provides research-based information about efficient farm and ranch management.
- Center for Advanced Studies Bioenergy Group conducts research on maintaining a sustainable and efficient feedstock.
- USDA Rural Development – REAP Program provides information on renewable energy systems and energy efficiency improvement guaranteed loans and grants.
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy provides information on sustainability and social responsibility in support of farmers, cooperatives, companies, retailers and other organizations.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Grants and Loans provides information the many grant and loan services provided by the USDA.